Prep time | 12 minutes
Cooking time | 3 minutes per batch
• 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
• 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
• ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 cup (250 ml) milk
• 1 egg
• melted butter, to brush pan
1. In a small pot over medium high heat, or in a covered container in the microwave, cook the apples until soft.
2. To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre. Whisk the buttermilk and egg together, and stir gently into the flour mixture along with the apple.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat and spray with oil. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan and swirl. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface.
4. Turn and cook a further 1 minute, or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining mixture, then serve with maple syrup and whipped cream, or vanilla yoghurt.