Prep time | 10 minutes
Cooking time | 5-7 minutes
This is an easy and delicious way to take advantage of mangoes when they are in season. Other firm-fleshed white fish can be substituted for the barramundi.
• 1 mango, diced into 1cm cubes
• 1 small red chilli, deseeded
• 1 shallot (spring onion), finely sliced
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped red capsicum
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 teaspoon olive oil or olive oil spray
• 4 x 150g barramundi fillets
1. Combine the mango, chilli, shallot, capsicum, pepper and lime juice.
2. Heat a large chef’s pan or BBQ hotplate to a medium heat and spray or wipe with oil.
3. Place the barramundi fillets in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked about halfway through the fish. Turn carefully and cook for a couple of minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of the fillets. Remember that the fish will continue to cook for a few minutes after removing from the heat so be careful not to overcook it.
4. Season lightly with salt.
5. Serve the salsa over the fish. Lovely with rice and salad.