Burning noodles with prawns
Prep time = 15 mins
Cooking time = 15 mins
Burning noodles with prawns | this recipe includes a garnish of crispy fried garlic which is generally available in the Asian section of large supermarkets or at Asian grocers. If you can’t find them then crispy fried shallots can be substituted.
- 400g packet thin, shelf-fresh Hokkein noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 20 large green prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 5cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ½ bunch coriander leaves
- 2 small red chillies, sliced very thinly
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Crispy fried garlic (see note above)
STEP 1 | Place the noodles in a mixing bowl. Boil the kettle and pour over the noodles. After about 1 minute, drain in a colander.
STEP 2 | Place a wok over high heat with the oil. Stir-fry the prawns in small batches, setting aside in a bowl.
STEP 3 | Place the ginger and garlic into the wok and saute for 1 minute or until soft and fragrant. Add the vegetables and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the prepared noodles to the pan and lower the heat.
STEP 4 | Add the sweet chilli, hot chilli and soy sauces to the pan. When warmed through, remove from the heat and place into four warmed bowls.
STEP 5 | Garnish with the crispy fried garlic, bean shoots, coriander leaves and chillies.