Prep time & Cooking time | 20 minutes
Frittata | I love that this dish can be varied depending on what’s in the fridge, or in season. It’s a great way to use zucchini when there is an overabundance in the vege patch, and it’s also very nice with fresh corn kernels. It can just as easily be made a non-vegetarian dish with the addition of some sautéed chorizo or bacon. It’s a lovely, simple brunch dish with some crusty bread and salad.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 brown onion, diced about 1cm
• 1/2 red capsicum, diced into 1cm pieces
• 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 6 eggs
• 3 tablespoons cream
• 1 cup grated tasty cheese
• Handful parsley leaves, to serve
Method | Frittata
1. In a 26cm frypan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add capsicum and onion. Stir until beginning to soften.
2. Whisk together eggs and cream, and stir half the cheese. Season with salt and ground white pepper.
3. Add cherry tomatoes to the pan. Pour the egg mixture over and lower the heat. Stir for only a moment, to evenly distribute the vegetables around the base of the pan.
4. Cook over the low heat until the egg is setting and golden brown on the bottom. This should take around 5 minutes (You can check this by very carefully lifting and edge with a good silicone spatula.)
5. Spread the remaining cheese over the top, and put the frypan under a hot grill until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Cut into wedges and serve straight away, sprinkled with vibrant fresh parsley.