Serves 4 (as accompaniment)
Prep time | 5 minutes
Cooking time | 6-8 minutes
These cute little Dutch carrots just look beautiful on the plate. Ordinary carrots can be substituted for a less expensive option, but cut them into batons so they cook through.
• 2 bunches baby Dutch carrots, peeled and tops trimmed to 2 cm
• 20g butter
• 2 tablespoons honey
• salt and ground black pepper
1. Steam or microwave the carrots for 3 minutes or so, until tender but not soggy. The time will depend on how big that carrots are – very little ones may need even less time than this.
2. In a medium frypan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. When it is starting to froth, add the carrots and honey.
3. Toss in the pan for 2 minutes or until the honey becomes a lovely dark brown.
4. Season with salt and pepper and serve straight away.