Makes about 24
Prep time | 15 minutes
Cooking time | 15 minutes
• Melting Moments | the biscuits will still be soft when they come out of the oven, leave them to cool for a few minutes on the tray before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
• 180g butter, at room temperature
• ½ cup icing sugar
• 1/3 cup custard powder
• 1 ½ cups plain flour
• 2 cups icing sugar mixture
• 100g butter
• 1 orange, zested and juiced
• 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan forced)
2. Cream butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flour and custard powder and mix to a soft dough.
3. Roll walnut-sized balls of the dough in your palms and press onto a lined baking tray with a fork.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until starting to colour slightly at the edges.
5. The biscuits will still be soft when they come out of the oven, leave them to cool for a few minutes on the tray before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. For the filling, place the icing sugar mixture, butter, orange zest , 1 tablespoon orange juice and the orange blossom water into a bowl and beat with electric hand beaters until light and fluffy. Spoon the filling into a piping bag with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe a walnut-sized blob onto 12 of the completely cooled biscuits and sandwich with the other 12.