Prep time | 15 minutes
Cooking time | 45 minutes
Pumpkin bake with labne |
• 4 eggs
• ¼ cup slivered almonds
• ½ Kent pumpkin, skin on, seeds removed, cut into 4cm thick wedges
• 2 red onions, peeled with base intact, cut into wedges
• 1 whole head garlic, cut in half horizontally
• ¼ cup olive oil
• Zest 1 orange
• ½ tsp cumin
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ½ bunch parsley
• ½ bunch mint
• 1 cup labne
• ¼ cup balsamic glaze
Method | Pumpkin bake with labne
1. Preheat oven to 180*C (160*C fan forced).
2. lace the slivered almonds on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and
toast for 10 minutes or until pale golden brown.
3. Remove from the tray and set asice.
4. Onto the same tray, place the wedges of pumpkin, onion and garlic and drizzle generously with olive
4. Sprinkle with the orange zest, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft and golden.
6. Onto a serving platter, spread the labne. Arrange the pumpkin, onion and garlic on top of the labne.
7. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and a little more olive oil. Top with parsley, mint and toasted almonds.