Prep time | 5 minutes
Cooking time | 20 minutes
• ½ cup caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon ground chilli
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 egg whites
• 500g packet unsalted mixed nuts
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, chilli and cinnamon.
3. In a second bowl, beat the eggs whites until they are frothy. Toss the nuts, a small handful at a time, in the egg whites and then in the spices. Place on the oven tray and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool on the tray –they will harden as they cool.
This tasty snack will keep in an airtight container in the cupboard for months.
Note: Leave out the chilli if you like, or substitute your favourite spices.