• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cooking time: 45 minutes
• 2 punnets (500g ) strawberries
• 1 ¼ cups caster sugar
• 250g Arnott’s Butternut snap biscuits, crushed
• 70g butter, melted
• 750g of cream cheese, at room temperature
• 2 eggs, beaten
1. Hull the strawberries and slice about 3mm thick. Place in a large bowl with ¼ cup sugar and toss to coat. Allow to stand while preparing the rest of the cheesecake.
2. Lightly grease and line a 20 cm spring form cake tin with baking paper. (This needs to be a tight fitting tin or the filling may leak during steaming.)
3. In a medium bowl combine the biscuits and butter. Press evenly into the base of the pan.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the cream cheese, eggs and ¾ cup caster sugar and beat until smooth. Gently fold through half of the strawberry mixture. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base and steam for 45 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and refrigerate in the tin for at several hours until completely set before serving. Top with the remaining strawberry mixture and serve.