Prep time | 15 minutes
Cooking time | 1.25 hours
• Bacon wrapped glazed meatloaf | for the glaze combine the tomato sauce, apricot jam and soy sauce in a microwave-safe jug and heat for 1 minute on high or until the jam melts and the glaze can be stirred to combine. Paint the glaze over the meatloaf and place in the oven for 1 to 1 ¼ hours, basting every 15 minutes with the glaze.
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 2 brown onions, diced
• 750g beef mince
• 400g (about 4) pork sausages, skin removed
• 2 cups breadcrumbs
• 1/3 cup tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
• 1 cup grated tasty cheese
• 1 egg
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 6 whole rashers bacon, rind removed
For the glaze
• 1/3 cup tomato sauce
• 1/3 cup apricot jam
• ¼ cup soy sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat and sauté onion until soft. Remove from the pan to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine beef mince, sausage, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, cheese, parsley and egg. Using your hands, mix the ingredients. Really massage the meat until it is sticky.
4. Place a wire rack in a baking dish and lay the bacon vertically across it, alternating the eye end of the rasher. Place the beef mixture along the bacon and shape it into a cylindrical loaf. Bring the bacon up and over to wrap the beef.
5. Combine the tomato sauce, apricot jam and soy sauce in a microwave-safe jug and heat for 1 minute on high or until the jam melts and the glaze can be stirred to combine. Paint the glaze over the meatloaf and place in the oven for 1 to 1 ¼ hours, basting every 15 minutes with the glaze.
6. Slice thickly to serve.
Makes 96 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 25 minutes • Sausage Rolls | The quantity in this recipe is pretty huge – it would feed a family of four for two nights, or if…
Serves 6-8 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 4-5 hours in a slow cooker or 2 hours on stove top • Bolognese Sauce | this is such a versatile recipe – we usually make…
Serves 6 Prep time | 10 minutes + marinating time Cooking time | up to 45 minutes* • Marinated Roast Beef | for a really fresh spice flavour, use whole seeds instead of ground spices. Toast…
Serves 8-10 Prep time | 45 minutes Cooking time | 4-5 hours • Lasagne | I believe this recipe is at least partially responsible for my husband, Mick, asking me to marry him. He had…