Prep time | 10 minutes
Cooking time | 20 minutes
ANZAC Biscuits | Makes 36
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup plain flour
• 1 cup sugar
• ¾ cup desiccated coconut
• 125g butter
• 2 tablespoons golden syrup
• ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1 tablespoon boiling water
Method | Anzac Biscuit
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced).
2. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and syrup together.
5. Mix bicarb soda with boiling water and add to melted butter mixture. Pour the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
6. Place walnut-sized balls of mixture and place on the oven trays, allowing room for spreading.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow the biscuits to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The biscuits will firm up as they cool.
For a more crispy biscuit, cook for an extra few minutes.