Prep time | 10 minutes
Cooking time | 10 minutes
• Corn & Capsicum Quesadillas | This is a very quick, easy, inexpensive and delicious mid-week meal.
• 1 x 400g tin tinned sweet corn
• 1 x capsicum
• 1 x red onion
• 1 ½ cups grated tasty cheese
• 8 soft white round wraps
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 avocado
• ½ cup tomato salsa
• ½ cup sour cream
1. Heat the grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Drain the corn and place in the large mixing bowl. Cut the 4 sides and the base off the capsicum and place in the food processor. Peel and quarter the onion, and place in the food processor. Blitz until finely chopped. Add to the corn in the mixing bowl. Stir through the cheese.
3. Brush some oil on the grill plate. Place 2 wraps on the grill and top each with ¼ of the corn mixture. Spread to about 2cm from the edge. Top each wrap with a second one, and brush with oil. Using an egg flip and tongs if necessary, carefully turn the whole round upside down and cook for a further minute. Remove to a chopping board and cut into 6 pieces with a pizza wheel or sharp knife.
4. Repeat with the next 4 wraps and filling. Divide the quesadillas between four plates.
5. Halve the avocado and run a knife through the flesh to create slices within the skin. Scoop out with a spoon and divide between the plates. Top with a dollop of salsa and sour cream, and serve.