Prep time | 10 minutes
Cooking time | 30 minutes
• Oven Fried Chicken | This recipe is healthier than deep fried chicken but is still crunchy and delicious! For variation you can always play around with the spices in the crumb, or add finely chopped fresh rosemary.
• 2 cups panko or homemade breadcrumbs
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
• 2 teapsoons salt
• 1 x 1.6kg chicken, jointed or 1.6 kg chicken pieces
• 50 butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Combine all ingredients except the chicken and butter in a large bowl.
3. Brush chicken pieces with butter then dip into the crumb mixture. Press the crumbs firmly to the chicken.
4. Line a large tray with baking paper and arrange the crumbed chicken on it.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the chicken over and bake for a further 10 minutes. (A little longer may be needed for large chicken pieces.)
6. The crumbs should be golden brown, and the chicken cooked through.
Cook’s Note | add grated parmesan or sesame seeds to the crumb. Play around with the spices in the crumb, or add finely chopped fresh rosemary.
Serves 4 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 35 minutes • Chicken Cacciatore is such a delicious dish, it’s hard to believe how economical it is. I picked up my chicken Marylands for…
Serves 6 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 20 minutes • Butter chicken | this is a quick and easy version of this popular recipe – just right for weeknight dinners. Served with a few…
Ingredients • 1 cup marmalade • 1 cup orange juice • 1 tablespoon soy sauce • 2 cloves garlic, crushed • 3cm piece ginger, finely julienned • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper • 2kg chicken wings, jointed,…