Serves 4 as a meal – about 10 as part of a shared table
Prep time | 15 minutes
Cooking time | 10 minutes
Prawns, bacon, ranch dressing – it’s as simple as it is tasty!
• 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, cut into 1cm strips
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 slices bread, crusts removed and cut into 1cm cubes
• 150g baby spinach leaves
• 2 Lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthways and cut into2 cm pieces
• 2 avocadoes, peeled and diced 2cm
• 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
• 4 shallots, white and pale green parts only, sliced finely
• ¾ cup ranch dressing
• ½ kilogram large cooked prawns, shelled and deveined
1. In a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat, sauté the bacon until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pan with tongs, leaving the fat in the pan, and place onto paper towel to drain.
2. Add the olive oil to the pan and when it is hot, add the bread. Fry for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the bread is golden and crunchy. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
3. Assemble the salad just before serving. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cucumbers, avocadoes, tomatoes, shallots and the ½ cup of dressing and toss through gently.
4. Arrange onto a serving platter and top with the prawns, bacon and croutons. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top.
Serves 4 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 40 minutes (for 900g snapper)
Serves 4 Prep time | 20 minutes Cooking time | 20 minutes
Serves 2 (main) – 4 (entree) Prep time | 5 minutes Cooking time | 8 minutes
Serves 6 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 15 minutes
Serves 4 Prep time | 30 minutes Cooking time | 1 hour
Serves 4 as an entree Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 10 minutes