Prep time | 15 minutes
Cooking time | 20 minutes
This is a slight twist on the classic Aussie rissole – served with a tasty sweet potato mash and tomato relish (or chilli jam).
• 500 g beef mince
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/2 cup (60g) grated tasty cheese
• 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 medium carrot, grated
• 1 brown onion, grated
• 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• ¼ cup tomato sauce
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 x 400g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• 20g butter, extra
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl, combine the mince, carrot, onion, egg, cheese, garlic, breadcrumbs, mustard and tomato sauce, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Using your hands, mix thoroughly. Form into 8 equal patties.
3. In a medium saucepan, cover the sweet potato with water and boil until tender. Drain and mash with extra butter and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat an oven-proof frying pan over medium high heat and brown the rissoles in 1 teaspoon oil. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Serve with the sweet potato mash and some tomato relish or chilli jam.