Prep time | 15 minutes
Cooking time | 5 minutes per batch
• Thai Fish Cakes | These are Thai-style fish cakes are a tasty little morsel that can be made ahead of time and so are perfect for any party.
• 500g boneless, skinless white fish fillets
• 1 egg, beaten
• 3 tablespoons cornflour
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon red curry paste
• 2 tablespoons chopped coriander root and stem
• 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
• 8 green beans, sliced
• 4 shallots (spring onions) sliced
• Peanut oil, for frying
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
• ½ teaspoon small red (birdseye) chilli, chopped
1. Process the fish in a food processor, then remove to a bowl. Add the egg, cornflour, fish sauce, curry paste, coriander roots, chilli, beans and shallots and mix well.
2. Form into small flattened meatballs and fry in peanut oil over a medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
3. In a bowl, combine sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add garlic and chilli. Taste and add more sugar or fish sauce if desired.
Serves 4 as a meal – about 10 as part of a shared table Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 10 minutes Prawns, bacon, ranch dressing – it’s as simple as it is tasty!…
Serves 4-5 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 25 minutes • Tuna Mornay | when adding the tuna break up any huge lumps but don’t stir too much after this or the tuna…
Ingredients • ½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped. • 2 cloves garlic, chopped • 1 lemon, zested and thickly sliced • ¾ cup pistachios (shelled) • 2 tablespoons olive oil • ¼ teaspoon ground black…
Ingredients • 1kg pontiac potatoes • vegetable oil, for deep frying • 8 white fish fillets (flathead, whiting, ask your fishmonger for boneless fillets) – 800g • 1 can cold beer (375ml) • 200g plain…