Prep time | 15 minutes
Cooking time | 25 minutes
• Tuna Mornay | when adding the tuna break up any huge lumps but don’t stir too much after this or the tuna will disintegrate and become mushy. Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese – quick and tasty!
• 200g dried macaroni
• 50g butter
• kernels from 1 cob fresh corn
• 1 medium carrot, diced small
• 1 brown onion, diced
• ¼ cup plain flour
• 2 cups milk
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 cup grated tasty cheese, plus a little for the top
• 425 g tin tuna in brine, drained
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
• parmesan – to serve
1. Cook the macaroni to packet directions and drain. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the corn, carrot and onion. Saute gently until the carrots are soft.
3. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to coat all the vegetables well.
4. Pour in ½ cup milk and stir until it is all incorporated and starting to form a thick, doughy sauce. Add another half a cup and repeat. Add the last of the milk and cook for a minute more, stirring.
5. Toss in the mustard and cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
6. Add the tuna – break up any huge lumps but don’t stir too much after this or the tuna will disintegrate and become mushy. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
7. Stir through the pasta and place into a baking dish. Top with a scattering of cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
Serves 4 Prep time | 30 minutes Cooking time | 30 minutes • Ricotta & Spinach Canneloni | this is a quick and easy canneloni recipe featuring either spinach or silverbeet (which is so easy to grow…
Serves 4 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 30 minutes • Pumpkin & Pine Nut Fettucine | this is a fast and easy pasta dish full of flavour and colour. If the sauce needs…
Serves 8-10 Prep time | 45 minutes Cooking time | 4-5 hours • Lasagne | I believe this recipe is at least partially responsible for my husband, Mick, asking me to marry him. He had…