Prep & cooking time | 20 minutes
• Eggs Benedict | This is my take on the ever popular ‘Eggs Benny’ – including the Hollondaise sauce. If you are using smoked salmon instead of ham simply replace the parsley with finely chopped dill leaf tips.
Ingredients | Eggs Benny
• 4 eggs, poached
• 2 English muffins or sourdough bread, lightly toasted
• Small handful of baby spinach or rocket
• 150g shaved leg ham (or smoked salmon, crisp bacon, or baby spinach leaves.)
• ½ cup Hollandaise sauce | recipe below
1. Lightly butter the muffins or toast and place on two warm plates.
2. Top with spinach then the ham, and gently rest the poached eggs on top of this.
3, Spoon Hollandaise sauce over the top – see recipe below.
Makes 2 cups (prep & cooking time 15 minutes)
• ¼ cup white wine vinegar
• 3 egg yolks
• 175g butter, melted and cooled to room temperature.
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
1. In a small saucepan, simmer vinegar until reduced to 2 tablespoons.
2. Place a glass bowl over a pot of barely-simmering water. The bowl should not touch the water. Put the vinegar reduction in the bowl and add the egg yolks, whisking until they are thick and pale.
3. Ladle in the butter a little bit at a time. The sauce will thin at first, then start to thicken. Continue this process until all the butter has been added. If the sauce splits, or looks grainy, remove the bowl immediately from the heat and sit it in cold water.
4. In a fresh bowl, put 1 tbsp lemon juice and whisk in a little bit of the split sauce until they combine. Then add the remaining sauce to the fresh bowl a bit at a time until it’s all incorporated.)
5. Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice a little at a time, tasting as you go and stopping when it has the right amount of zing. Season with salt and pepper.
Serves 4 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 10 minutes This is a tasty weekend breakfast, making good use of fresh, seasonal asparagus. Recipe Summary RecipeAsparagus with Poached Egg AuthorJulie GoodwinPublished 2016-03-12Prep…
Ingredients • 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced • 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour • ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar • ½ teaspoon cinnamon • 1 cup (250 ml) milk • 1 egg • melted butter,…
Serves 2 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 15 minutes • Baked Eggs are a great breakfast or brunch dish, especially in the colder winter months. Spice it up with hot chilli sauce if…