Serves 4 (as accompaniment)
Prep time | 5 minutes
Cooking time | 6-8 minutes
These cute little Dutch carrots just look beautiful on the plate. Ordinary carrots can be substituted for a less expensive option, but cut them into batons so they cook through.
• 2 bunches baby Dutch carrots, peeled and tops trimmed to 2 cm
• 20g butter
• 2 tablespoons honey
• salt and ground black pepper
1. Steam or microwave the carrots for 3 minutes or so, until tender but not soggy. The time will depend on how big that carrots are – very little ones may need even less time than this.
2. In a medium frypan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. When it is starting to froth, add the carrots and honey.
3. Toss in the pan for 2 minutes or until the honey becomes a lovely dark brown.
4. Season with salt and pepper and serve straight away.
Ingredients • 2 kg washed potatoes, unpeeled, sliced 2mm thick with a mandolin • 600 ml thickened cream • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard • 5 garlic cloves, chopped • 1 teaspoon salt • ½ teaspoon finely…
Serves 4-6 as an accompaniment Prep time | 5 minutes Cooking time | 10 minutes • Onion Rings | For best results when deep frying I always recommend the use of a deep fryer. They are…
Serves 4 Prep time | 30 minutes Cooking time | 30 minutes • Ricotta & Spinach Canneloni | this is a quick and easy canneloni recipe featuring either spinach or silverbeet (which is so easy to grow…
Serves 4 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 30 minutes • Pumpkin & Pine Nut Fettucine | this is a fast and easy pasta dish full of flavour and colour. If the sauce needs…