Prep time | 10 minutes + marinating time
Cooking time | up to 45 minutes*
• Marinated Roast Beef | for a really fresh spice flavour, use whole seeds instead of ground spices. Toast in a dry frying pan until fragrant and grind in a mortar and pestle. For a great accompaniment with heaps of colour and flavour see my Roast Balsamic Beetroot and Onion recipe. A version of this recipe is featured in The heart of the home cookbook.
• 1.5 kg eye fillet of beef (thick end)
• 1 tbs ground fennel seeds
• 1 tbs ground coriander seeds
• 1 tbs ground cumin seeds
• 2 tsp ground red chilli
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup Dijon mustard
• 2 tbs olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the spices, garlic and mustard and rub all over the beef fillet. Place in a snap-lock plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. In a large chef’s pan, heat 1 tbs olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the roast on all sides. Place pan in oven or place hood on the BBQ.
4. Roast the beef for 20 minutes for rare, 30 minutes for medium or 45 minutes or more for medium-well done.
5. Rest the beef for at least 10 minutes under foil before carving. Carve and serve with a good quality horseradish cream or hot mustard.
Oven/BBQ temperatures and behaviour will vary. For rare meat, remove the roast when the internal temperature reads 55-57°C. For medium rare, remove at 60-62°C. And for medium, remove at 68-70°C. For well done 75°C or above.
For a really fresh spice flavour, use whole seeds instead of ground spices. Toast in a dry frying pan until fragrant and grind in a mortar and pestle.
Serves 4 Prep time | 10 minutes + marinating time Cooking time | 15-20 minutes This is a really simple and effective way to wet marinate lamb using a snap-lock bag. This marinade is also…
Serves 6-8 Prep time | 5 minutes Cooking time | 1.5 hours Roast Lamb | I’m going back to basics with this one – a traditional leg of lamb with gravy. Just the way Nan used…
Ingredients • 6 small beetroot, scrubbed and cut into quarters • 4 small red onions, base intact, cut into quarters • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar • zest and juice ½ orange • 2 tablespoons brown…
Serves 4 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 1 hour Roast chicken has to be an all time favourite. When my mum was a kid they only had chicken on Christmas day….
Serves 4 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 1 hour Recipe Summary RecipeRoast Garlic AuthorJulie GoodwinPublished 2015-09-09Prep Time 10MCook Time 1H Total Time 1H10MRating 5 Based on 1 Review(s)
Serves 4 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | about 40 minutes Butterflying the chicken will reduce the cooking time. This recipe can be adapted to use 2 smaller chickens, just reduce the cooking time…