Prep time | 20 minutes
Cooking time | 20 minutes
• 4 x pork loin medallions (butterflied and pounded into schnitzels – your butcher will do this!)
• 1 cup flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon finely ground white pepper
• 1 egg
• 2-3 cups breadcrumbs (preferably fresh)
• vegetable oil for frying
1. Season flour with salt and pepper.
2. Beat egg with 1tbsp water. Combine breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese.
3. Line up flour, egg and breadcrumb bowls in a row. Dip each piece of chicken into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
4. In a large frying pan or chef’s pan, heat 5mm oil. The heat should be moderate, not high. Fry the schnitzels in batches – don’t overcrowd the pan. By the time they are golden brown on each side, they will be cooked but still juicy in the middle, if done over a moderate heat. This should take around 3 minutes each side. Use fresh oil after each batch to avoid loose breadcrumbs burning and sticking to the schnitzels.
5. Serve with chips, lemon wedges and salad.
Makes 4 burgers Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 15 minutes • Aussie Burger | to make this “with the lot” add a fried egg, a fried bacon rasher and a slice of pineapple….
Serves 4-6 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 1.25 hours • Bacon wrapped glazed meatloaf | for the glaze combine the tomato sauce, apricot jam and soy sauce in a microwave-safe jug…
Makes 96 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 25 minutes • Sausage Rolls | The quantity in this recipe is pretty huge – it would feed a family of four for two nights, or if…
Serves 6-8 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 4-5 hours in a slow cooker or 2 hours on stove top • Bolognese Sauce | this is such a versatile recipe – we usually make…
Serves 6 Prep time | 10 minutes + marinating time Cooking time | up to 45 minutes* • Marinated Roast Beef | for a really fresh spice flavour, use whole seeds instead of ground spices. Toast…
Serves 8-10 Prep time | 45 minutes Cooking time | 4-5 hours • Lasagne | I believe this recipe is at least partially responsible for my husband, Mick, asking me to marry him. He had…