Prep time | 20 minutes
Cooking time | 20 minutes
• 4 x pork loin medallions (butterflied and pounded into schnitzels – your butcher will do this!)
• 1 cup flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon finely ground white pepper
• 1 egg
• 2-3 cups breadcrumbs (preferably fresh)
• vegetable oil for frying
1. Season flour with salt and pepper.
2. Beat egg with 1tbsp water. Combine breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese.
3. Line up flour, egg and breadcrumb bowls in a row. Dip each piece of chicken into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
4. In a large frying pan or chef’s pan, heat 5mm oil. The heat should be moderate, not high. Fry the schnitzels in batches – don’t overcrowd the pan. By the time they are golden brown on each side, they will be cooked but still juicy in the middle, if done over a moderate heat. This should take around 3 minutes each side. Use fresh oil after each batch to avoid loose breadcrumbs burning and sticking to the schnitzels.
5. Serve with chips, lemon wedges and salad.