Serves 6 (as appetiser)
Prep time | 10 minutes
Cooking time | 5 minutes
This is such a simple and delicious asparagus dish – perfect as a shared plate before a meal.
• 2 bunches small (mini) asparagus spears – about 30 spears
• 80g mozzarella, cut into 6 batons, just shorter than asparagus
• 200g thinly sliced prosciutto
• lemon for serving
1. Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add ¼ cup water. Place the asparagus in the pan and allow to steam for a minute or so. Remove from the pan and wipe it out.
2. Place 5 spears of asparagus around a mozzarella baton. Starting at the base of the spears, wrap the prosciutto around the asparagus bundle. Wrap right to the top, stopping just short of the tips of the spears.
3. Place the bundles in the fry pan and turn until all the sides are browned and the mozzarella is melted. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serves 6 (as appetiser) Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 5 minutes
Serves 4 Prep time | 30 minutes Cooking time | 30 minutes • Ricotta & Spinach Canneloni | this is a quick and easy canneloni recipe featuring either spinach or silverbeet (which is so easy to grow…
Serves 4 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 30 minutes • Pumpkin & Pine Nut Fettucine | this is a fast and easy pasta dish full of flavour and colour. If the sauce needs…
Serves 4 Prep time |10 minutes Cooking time | 10 minutes
Serves 8-10 Prep time | 45 minutes Cooking time | 4-5 hours • Lasagne | I believe this recipe is at least partially responsible for my husband, Mick, asking me to marry him. He had…
Serves 6 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 15 minutes This is a very basic recipe for macaroni cheese. There are any number of variations you can make to the basic recipe – I have…