Serves 6 (as an appetiser)
Prep time | 15 minutes
Cooking time | 5 minutes
We enjoyed stuffed zucchini flowers as part of shared antipasto plates on our last holiday to Italy. As with many Italian dishes it’s the simplicity of flavour and the freshness of the ingredients that make it special.
• 12 zucchini flowers
• 120g mozzarella, cut into 10g cubes
• 4 small anchovies, cut into thirds
• ¼ cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
• 1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp water
• 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
• oil for deep frying
• lemon, to serve
1. Heat the oil to 190°C. Carefully insert one cube of cheese and one piece of anchovy in each flower, being very careful not to tear the petals.
2. Dip each flower in the seasoned flour, then into the egg. Drain off excess egg and dip into the breadcrumbs. Lay on a plate and repeat with the rest of the flowers.
3. Deep fry in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes per batch. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Ingredients • 4 large navel oranges • 1 lime • 1 lemon • 6 eggs • 2 x cups (440g) caster sugar • 400g almond meal • 1 teaspoon baking…
Serves 4-6 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 1.25 hours • Bacon wrapped glazed meatloaf | for the glaze combine the tomato sauce, apricot jam and soy sauce in a microwave-safe jug…
Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 5 minutes per batch • Thai Fish Cakes | These are Thai-style fish cakes are a tasty little morsel that can be made ahead of time and…
Serves 2 Prep & cooking time | 20 minutes • Eggs Benedict | This is my take on the ever popular ‘Eggs Benny’ – including the Hollondaise sauce. If you are using smoked salmon instead of…