Makes 1 slice (12 pieces)
Prep time | 10 minutes
Cooking time | 35 minutes
Zucchini slice is ridiculously easy to make, and it’s really tasty and versatile too. It’s great hot or cold, which means it’s perfect for school lunches or afternoon tea.
• 2 zucchini, grated
• 1 large onion finely chopped
• 3 rashers bacon finely chopped
• 1 cup tasty cheese grated
• 1 cup self-raising flour
• ½ cup of oil
• 5 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a non-stick lamington tin.
2. Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, flour and cheese in a large bowl. Add oil and lightly beaten eggs, and mix. Season with a little salt and pepper. Pour into lamington tin.
3. Bake for 35-40 mins until golden and set. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Note: the vegetables can be substituted or added to – try corn kernels, grated carrot, shallots, shredded beans, and leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version.
Serves 8 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 20 minutes • Cauliflower soup | before cooking process the cauliflower in batches in a food processor to the consistency of large breadcrumbs. This allows…
Makes 4 burgers Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 15 minutes • Aussie Burger | to make this “with the lot” add a fried egg, a fried bacon rasher and a slice of pineapple….
Ingredients • 4 large navel oranges • 1 lime • 1 lemon • 6 eggs • 2 x cups (440g) caster sugar • 400g almond meal • 1 teaspoon baking…
Serves 4-6 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 1.25 hours • Bacon wrapped glazed meatloaf | for the glaze combine the tomato sauce, apricot jam and soy sauce in a microwave-safe jug…
Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 5 minutes per batch • Thai Fish Cakes | These are Thai-style fish cakes are a tasty little morsel that can be made ahead of time and…
Serves 2 Prep & cooking time | 20 minutes • Eggs Benedict | This is my take on the ever popular ‘Eggs Benny’ – including the Hollondaise sauce. If you are using smoked salmon instead of…