Prep time | 5 minutes
Cooking time | 35 minutes
White Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins | This is a very indulgent recipe, absolutely delicious, dense and moist. What I would call a “sometimes food” for sure – but every now and again, with a very good coffee, lovely.
• ¾ cup white choc bits
• ¾ cup caster sugar
•2 cups self-raising flour
• 1 ½ cups raspberries (frozen can be used, but fresh in season…wow.)
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• ½ cup milk
Method | White Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 6 large muffin pans (180ml) with paper cases.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Chop about ¾ cup raspberries and mix whole and chopped raspberries with the dry ingredients.
3. Whisk egg, oil and milk together. Pour into a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
4. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Too much mixing at this stage will result in tough, chewy muffins. However you do need to ensure there are no lumps
5. Spoon the mixture among the muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top and springy to touch.
6. Turn out of the muffin pan and serve warm to grateful recipients.