Prep time | 10 minutes
Cooking time | 45 minutes
• 5 eggs
• 125g butter, melted
• 2 lemons, zested and juiced
• 1 ½ cups almond meal
• 1 cup icing sugar
• ½ cup plain flour
• 1 cup caster sugar
• ¾ cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 6-hole friand tin.
2. Separate the eggs and reserve the yolks to cook something else. Whisk the whites until they are frothy and add the melted butter. Stir through the almond meal and icing sugar, making sure there are no lumps. Stir through the flour and lemon zest.
3. Place equal amounts of the batter into each hole. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and coming away slightly from the edges. Remove from the oven.
4. Meanwhile, make the syrup. Place the sugar and lemon juice with ¾ cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes. Be careful it does not boil over. The syrup will thicken a little on cooling.
5. Turn the friands out of the tin and pour about 2cm of syrup into each hole. Return the friands to the tin and poke a few holes in the top with a skewer. Spoon the lemon syrup over the friands a little at a time until it is all absorbed.
6. Allow to stand for a little while before serving.
Makes 20 squares Prep time | 20 minutes + cooling & refrigeration time Cooking time | 40 minutes • Prep time is only 20 minutes but this recipes also requires some cooling and refrigeration time….
Serves 10 Prep time | 30 minutes Cooking time | 25 minutes • Grandma’s Sponge Cake | when the cakes are completely cool, whip the cream. Spread the jam on top of…
Serves 10 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 40 minutes • Apricot Sour Cream Cake | I like to make this in a bundt tin as it looks so pretty. If you cook…
Ingredients | cake • 125g butter, at room temperature • 1 cup caster sugar • 2 eggs • 3 medium-sized pink lady apples, quartered and cut into thick slices • 1 ¾ cups pecans, roughly…
Serves 16 Prep time | 15 minutes Cooking time | 1 hour
Makes 12 Prep time | 10 minutes Cooking time | 25 minutes