Makes 2 cups
Prep and cook time | 30 minutes
This is really great as a filling in sponge cakes or little sweet tarts.
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup sugar
• 125g butter
• ½ cup orange juice (2-3 oranges)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
1. Place eggs and sugar in a bowl over a barely simmering pot of water. Whisk until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add orange and lemon juice and butter and whisk constantly for around 20 minutes or until it thickens. Do not allow it to get too hot or to boil.
3. Pour warm mixture into sterilised jars.